Preparing for the SAT Exam
Oct 04, 2015
If your child plans on attending a post-secondary institution in the U.S., doing well on the SAT admissions exam is crucial.
Here are some tips on preparing for the SAT:
- have a six-month game plan (ideally) to build confidence
- take a preliminary SAT or sample exam for practice
- talk to a guidance counsellor about registering for the right classes in high school
- get support from teachers, parents, counsellors and peers
- establish good study habits
- consider SAT prep classes, which prepare a student to take the test, not learn a subject
Sylvan Learning stopped by CTV Morning Live
to share tips on preparing to write the SAT. To watch the segment, please click here: CTV website
If you'd like more information on giving your child the confidence and skills to do well on the SAT, please ask us at Abbotsford Sylvan Learning.