Applicants must possess OCT certification, and have a proven track record of working with students through to Gr. 12. Ability to teach high school Science is an asset!
As a Sylvan Tutor you will get the opportunity to advance your teaching career and generate additional monthly income by joining our team of professionals on a part time basis. Our teachers work with students in our warm and welcoming educational facility as contracted tutors. We are open 6-7 days per week and offer teaching when JK to Gr 12 students are out of the school classroom. This allows us to offer flexibility to our staff and our students. Please email your resume to the local Centre Director. We will only contact candidates selected for interviews. Our teacher roster changes quite frequently as some of our staff get offered positions in the local school board, so if you are not successful with your first application, we encourage you to send your resume to a different centre or resend approximately 3-4 months later as our hiring needs may have changed. We thank you for your interest in Sylvan! The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of our teachers here at Sylvan. These statements are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities, or skills, knowledge and abilities required.
High School Math & Science Teachers Applicants must have:
• Four-year degree required in a math or science-focused discipline
• Provincial teaching credentials (OCT) preferred, or in the process of acquiring OCT
• Successful completion of a Math Proficiency test (taken at our Centre)
• Proven ability to engage, motivate, and inspire students to learn
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
• Strong problem solving and customer service skills
• Strong team player
• Relevant teaching experience
• Three recent references; at least 1 must be from a teaching related position (experience as a Teacher Candidate accepted)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.
Please upload your resume, and cover letter if applicable, in Microsoft Word or PDF format.