Must be a certified OCT or an academic tutor who has a proven track record of teaching students through to Grade 12.
As a Sylvan Tutor you will have the opportunity to advance your teaching career and generate additional monthly income by joining our team of professionals on a part-time basis. Our instructors work as contracted tutors, teaching students from JK to Gr 12 in our warm and welcoming educational facilities. While our teachers specialize in different subject areas, the flexibility to teach multiple subjects and grades is an asset. We have four local centres, which are open 6-7 days per week, offer tutoring when students are out of the school classroom (summer, holidays, after school, weekends). This allows us to offer flexibility to our staff and our students.
If this is an opportunity that interests you, please email your resume to the Centre Director of your desired location. We will only contact candidates selected for interviews. If you are not selected for an interview during our next round of hiring, we encourage you to reapply after 3-4 months as our hiring needs may have changed. We thank you for your interest in Sylvan!
High School Math & Science Teachers:
• Four-year degree required in a math or science-focused discipline
• Provincial teaching credentials (OCT) preferred, or in the process of acquiring OCT
• Successful completion of a Math Proficiency test (taken at our Centre)
• Proven ability to engage, motivate, and inspire students to learn
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
• Strong problem solving and customer service skills
• Strong team player
• Relevant teaching experience
• Three recent references; at least 1 must be from a teaching related position (experience as a Teacher Candidate accepted)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.
Please upload your resume, and cover letter if applicable, in Microsoft Word or PDF format.