Your Holiday Gift Guide
Nov 14, 2016
Choosing the perfect gift for a child can be a daunting task when stores are overflowing with the latest electronics and gadgets.
Consider a gift that combines fun with an unforgettable learning experience. Here are ideas to inspire imagination, creativity and confidence:
- A gift certificate for music lessons, dance classes or a sports camp for a child who loves to try new things.
- A telescope and a book about constellations for a budding astronomer.
- Binoculars, a book about bird-watching, and a visit to the bird sanctuary for the resident bird enthusiast.
- A membership to the art gallery, aquarium or science centre. These places may also offer unique behind-the-scenes experiences and camps.
- A sketchbook, pencils and drawing lessons for an aspiring artist.
- Model cars and airplanes for a child that loves to build.
- A leather-bound journal and pen for a young writer.
- Tickets to a ballet, play or musical for the performing arts-lover.
- A magazine subscription related to a favourite subject, such as cooking, nature, or sports.
You can also give the gift of learning
with a Robotics
class at our centre. Kids will have a blast building and programming robots with LEGO® or creating and designing a video game. Please give us a call at West Vancouver Sylvan Learning for more information.