The Center Director is responsible for managing the overall customer experience, sales and day-to-day operations to achieve performance goals and grow the Center.
Sylvan Learning is the leading provider of tutoring and supplemental education services to children of all ages, grades and skill levels. For more than 35 years, our highly personalized and proven approach to learning has helped more than two million students discover their true potential.
Our talented employees take pride in the impact they make each day. When you become a member of the Sylvan team, you will work with caring, bright, motivated people who share a passion for helping students build the skills, habits and attitudes they need to succeed in school and in life.
Ready to join our team? Apply today, and don't let this opportunity pass you by.
What will you get in return?
As a Sylvan team member, you will work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business, while being rewarded for your Learning Center's growth.
You will receive from us:
• Base salary between $38,000 and $45,000
• Training and support to execute your obligations effectively
• A positive work environment
• Bonuses for exceeding your business goals
• Medical benefits for full time employees
• 15 Days of paid time-off per year
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures timely and high quality personal customer service response to all calls and walk-in inquiries; Ensures calls get answered during business hours
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the Center
- Meets sales and expense financial targets
- Monitors and tracks Center performance, Profit and Loss controls, revenues, expenses, and fee collection; Recommends and implements interventions to improve performance
- Selects, develops, motivates, and monitors Center staff; Conducts regular performance reviews
- Reviews all corporate communication and ensures communications flow to the Center’s staff
- Supports Director of Education with ensuring good instructional management
- Confers with customers at each stage of the customer lifecycle; Directs the sales and service process throughout the customer lifecycle to keep customers enrolled
- Promotes financing options that meet the customer’s needs and manages the application/closing process
- Manages marketing and sales activities to drive new enrollments
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with teachers, educational specialists and other school administrators and parent/teacher organizations
- Conducts school visits to establish and maintain relationships with school personnel for partnership and marketing purposes
- Ensures the professional appearance of the Center according to Sylvan standards
- Ensures adherence to established Sylvan operating standards with particular attention to student safety and well-being
Skills and Abilities Required
- Four year degree required
- A minimum of one year of customer service experience; Retail sales experience preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other standard business applications used by the Center, including current social media tools
- Experience using Microsoft Word and other standard business applications used by the Center
- Knowledge of general office equipment such as copiers, printers, and office phones
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with instructional technology and tablet computers preferred
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; Outgoing people-oriented approach preferred
- Proven ability to effectively use customer service and consultative sales skills to establish and build relationships
- Proven sales skills with a strong sense of urgency
- Proven ability to supervise, coach, and develop Center staff
- Strong presentation skills for small group opportunities
- Ability to track and interpret business metrics and financial statements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong word processing, data entry, and other administrative skills
- Strong organizational skills; Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in writing; Ability to proofread and edit copy
- Ability to work collaboratively; Strong team player
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and Saturday mornings
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.