The Director of Student & Staff Success is responsible for ensuring alignment between the Sylvan educational experience and the family’s academic goals and needs.
Remote. *Preference is given to candidates that reside in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, or Maine.
$48,000-$55,000 annual salary, paid semimonthly
Eligible for enrollment in Unlocked Learning LLC Medical/Dental/Vision plans
At Sylvan, we believe that education is everything and that learning should be personal. If you share our passion for education and academic attainment, we invite you to join our team!
The Sylvan director team drives excellence in the areas of New Family Engagement, Customer Service, Family Commitment, Student & Staff Success, Student Advancement, and Educational Development across the Sylvan Learning centers in Portsmouth and Salem, NH and Brookline and Weymouth, MA. Together, our director team brings over 35 years of Sylvan experience to our centers and our families. We seek a people-focused, education-minded director to grow with us in the area of Student & Staff Success.
The Director of Student & Staff Success is responsible for ensuring alignment between the Sylvan educational experience and the family’s academic goals and needs. The director serves our internal customers – our staff – and guides them through onboarding and initial training, provides ongoing coaching and professional development through informal and formal observations and evaluations, and creates a positive work environment for our team of educators. The director also serves our traditional customers – our families – and leads ongoing conferences monthly with the families of enrolled students to discuss each student’s progress toward academic goals and to make program and account changes as needed.
In addition, the Director of Student & Staff Success manages certain operational tasks, which may include:
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT SYLVAN
- Call former families to check in and new enrollments to find out about their first week of instruction.
- Ensure that each center’s active student list is accurate.
- Record conference and session attendance.
- Maintain the instructional schedule daily.
- Set up student materials for the first day of instruction.
- Support virtual instruction daily.
- Observe current teachers and provide ongoing coaching; coordinate annual teacher evaluations.
- Sylvan is a nationally recognized brand. We’re everywhere and have been delivering educational results for over 40 years.
- Make an immediate impact on academics and confidence. We see light bulb moments and get to share those with our families.
- Join a community of local educators. Our Sylvan directors and tutors are all current or former classroom teachers or subject matter experts with highly qualified teacher (HQT) status.
- Learn from Sylvan Corporate leaders, our seasoned directors, and our most effective tutors. We offer comprehensive and scaffolded training on our Sylvan approach and organizational processes.
- Eligibility for healthcare benefits and unlimited paid time off (PTO) begins Day 1.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; outgoing, people-oriented approach.
- Proven ability to supervise, coach, and develop Center Staff.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong word processing, data entry, and other administrative skills.
- Strong organizational skills; proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in writing; ability to proofread and edit copy.
- Proven ability to engage, motivate, and inspire students to learn.
- Ability to work collaboratively; strong team player.
- Four-year degree or equivalent required.
- One to two years of teaching experience required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
Join our Sylvan team to begin delivering academic results!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.