We believe that education is everything and that learning should be personal. If you share our passion for academic attainment, we invite you to join our team!
The Sylvan director team drives excellence in the areas of New Family Engagement, Family Commitment, Student Advancement, and Operations across the Sylvan Learning centers in Portsmouth and Salem, NH and Brookline and Weymouth, MA. Together, our director team brings 35 years of Sylvan experience to our centers and our families. We seek a student-focused, education-minded director to grow with us to the areas of Student Advancement and Operations.
The Student Advancement Team is responsible for delivering a high-quality personal customer experience by ensuring that Sylvan education programs are delivered by teachers as designed and that the ongoing education needs of families are met. The director manages new teacher onboarding and ongoing teacher training and builds and refines processes and tools for teacher development. The director also coordinates semi-annual teacher observations and conducts annual teacher evaluations. Lastly, the director supports the development of current Sylvan programs.
The Operations Team is responsible for facilitating all aspects of center operations. The team creates the instructional schedule on a weekly basis and manages it on a daily basis. The team also monitors centers’ text messages and emails, responds appropriately, and creates and assigns action items as needed. The director manages group course schedules and plans for the transition from summer to the school year and vice versa. Because of the director’s position within the organization, he/she/they is/are uniquely qualified to identify inefficiencies and raise these to the Director team to collaborate on solutions.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT SYLVAN
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Sylvan is a nationally recognized brand. We’re everywhere and have been delivering educational results for over 40 years.
- Make an immediate impact on academics and confidence. We see light bulb moments and get to share those with our families.
- Join a community of local educators. Our Sylvan directors and tutors are all current or former classroom teachers or subject matter experts with highly qualified teacher (HQT) status.
- Learn from Sylvan Corporate leaders, our seasoned directors, and our most effective tutors. We offer comprehensive and scaffolded training on our Sylvan approach and organizational processes.
- Eligibility for healthcare benefits and unlimited paid time off (PTO) begins Day 1.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; outgoing, people-oriented approach.
- Proven ability to supervise, coach, and develop Center Staff.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong word processing, data entry, and other administrative skills.
- Strong organizational skills; proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in writing; ability to proofread and edit copy.
- Proven ability to engage, motivate, and inspire students to learn.
- Ability to work collaboratively; strong team player.
- Four-year degree or equivalent required.
- One to two years teaching experience required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
Join our Sylvan team to begin delivering academic results!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.