The Assistant supports both peer teachers and the directors.
The Sylvan Teacher & Customer Service Assistant carries a ≥50% teaching load and a ≤50% administration and support load. The Assistant supports both peer teachers and the directors. The lead instructor models exceptional teaching practices and instructional management and provides coaching and aid to other teaching staff to enable them to do the same. The Assistant also carries out organizational tasks for the Sylvan Learning centers owned and operated by Unlocked Learning LLC. While some tasks may be completed remotely, the Assistant must work at their nearest Sylvan center in Weymouth, MA; Brookline, MA; Portsmouth, NH; or Salem, NH for 2-3 scheduled days each week.
ESSENTIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitors staff both virtually and in-center to ensure instructors deliver instruction as designed and that educational Center policies and procedures are followed.
- Observes and coaches instructors on a regular basis; assists instructors with preparation for instruction.
- Assumes instructor responsibilities in emergency scheduling or capacity situations.
- Facilitates virtual instruction in Zoom at least one scheduled day each week.
- Follows up on assessments and conferences that need rescheduling.
- Marks student and conference attendance in the Sylvan CRM.
- Prepares ongoing conference materials for current students.
- Conducts program quality reviews for current students.
- Conducts welcome conferences and center visits as requested.
- Makes outbound care calls, including first-week care calls for new enrollments.
- Monitors the centers’ incoming text messages and emails and responds appropriately. Creates and assigns action items as needed.
- Escalates service or other issues that require director intervention.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Four-year degree or equivalent required.
- One to two years of teaching experience required.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; outgoing, people-oriented approach.
- Proven ability to engage, motivate, and inspire students to learn.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and coaching skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible.
- Ability to work collaboratively; strong team player.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, G-Suite applications, Zoom, and other standard business applications used by the Center.
- Knowledge of tablet computers preferred.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (in-center only).
25-30 hours/week. Suggested schedule below.
- Mondays-Thursdays (3 days): 12:30-7:30pm
- Sundays: 11am-4pm
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge, and abilities required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.