The Lead Teacher is responsible for the instructional time in the center and ensuring the educational integrity of the Sylvan Learning programs of each student.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manages teachers, tasks and time to create balanced and robust instructional sessions.
• Works with the Director to schedule and manage teaching staff to meet center needs and control labor costs
• Monitors staff to ensure teachers deliver instruction as designed and that educational policies and procedures are followed
• Attends to immediate instructor needs, such as requests for materials or assistance with instruction
• Assumes teacher responsibilities in emergency scheduling or capacity situation
• Is trained and proficient in all Sylvan programs (training is provided)
• Greets and assists students, parents, and potential customers according to Sylvan standards with particular attention to student safety and well-being
• Opens and closes the center according to procedures, securing all materials
• Takes inquiry calls and convert prospective families to Sylvan students
• Schedules and administers student initial and progress assessments
• Consistently monitors student programs to ensure goals are achieved and ongoing family needs are met
• Schedules and conducts ongoing conferences
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
• State teaching credentials (current or expired)
• Knowledge of current educational policy
• Experience using Microsoft Office and other standard business applications used by the center.
• Knowledge of general office equipment such as copiers, printers, and office phones, as well as, computers and tablets
Skills and Abilities required:
• Proven ability to engage, motivate, and inspire students to learn
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and customer service skills
• Strong organizational skills; Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
• Self-sufficiency in ownership of work and tasks
• Proven ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
• Ability to work collaboratively; strong team player
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds
• Position is part-time
• Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.
*Don’t have a resume? Not a problem! Please upload a brief career statement of your experience. Resume or statement should be in Microsoft Word or a PDF.