The Sylvan SLP works with school-aged children who have been diagnosed with a variety of communication disorders.
The Sylvan SLP is responsible for creating a positive personal learning experience for students. Using a variety of materials, the SLP creates balanced and robust learning experiences for students. The Sylvan SLP evaluates student progress on each assignment, communicates this progress, and works with Center staff to ensure learning is personal for each student.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assessment of students’ communication skills
• Develop a program to treat any disorders the students have been diagnosed with
• Teach/Show students how to improve their voice and communication
• Work with students to improve their abilities to read and write appropriately
• Prepares for each session; Gathers and prepares materials as appropriate
• Manages students, tasks and time to create a balanced and robust session
• Evaluates and records the progress of each student on their program assignment
• Uses praise and encouragement to ensure students are engaged and inspired to learn
• Motivates students with Sylvan tokens given for specific achievements according to the Sylvan instructional management standards
• Records and tracks tokens earned by students
• Manages the conclusion of each instructional session and manages the completion of learning log and transition activities; Supports procedures to ensure student safety and well-being
• Communicates specific student needs to Center staff
• Attends periodic staff meetings and completes ongoing training as needed
• Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
• Current License for the state of Ohio
• Current FBI/BCI Background check
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge, and abilities required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.
*Don’t have a resume? Not a problem! Please upload a brief career statement of your experience. Resume or statement should be in Microsoft Word or a PDF.