Five Steps to Refresh the School Year in the New Year
Jan 28, 2018
Here are our top 5 ways to refresh school goals for the New Year:
1. Evaluate progress. Take a look back at the short-term and long-term goals you and your child set at the beginning of the school year. What has your child accomplished? What still needs work? Once you know where your child stands, you can better set him or her up for success in the New Year.
2. Talk to kids about roadblocks. Not all kids will be the best in every subject and hitting roadblocks is a part of life. Talk to your children about the obstacles they may have to overcome in order to achieve their goals and ensure that they know it may not always be easy but it will be worth it
3. Re-strategize if necessary. If your child hasn’t achieved his or her goals, it may be time to rethink how to approach them. Breaking down goals into smaller, more manageable chunks and setting deadlines can help.
4. Write down goals. This can help kids take ownership of their goals and makes it personal. If your child is old enough, have him or her personally write down the goals.
5. Praise effort. Your child will be working hard to achieve his or her goals, so make sure you’re complimenting the effort and applauding progress. This will help your child stay on track and motivated!