The Sylvan Learning Center in Encinitas is seeking part-time Math teachers to provide personalized instruction in upper level math including Algebra I, II, Geometry, Pre-calculus, and Calculus courses. The ideal candidate would be outgoing, well organized, and having ability to engage students with a positive, motivational approach. Additional knowledge of ACT/SAT test preps will be preferred.
- Teaching credential is ideal but not required (it can be out of state or inactive)
- Mid-afternoon to evening hours available is needed for weekday and/or weekend.
- Work with maximum of three students using prepared lesson plans or homework tutoring.
- Pass a background check & TB test.
- An enthusiastic approach to teaching
- Locations: Sylvan Learning Center, Encinitas, CA
- Compensation: Based on experience level
- Retired teachers are welcome to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.