The Sylvan Reading & Writing Teacher is responsible for helping students to improve their skills, confidence, and motivation!
At the Sylvan Learning of Hamilton (Mercer County), we have an in-person opening for:
- Reading/Writing teachers (through high school level) to coach students in need of academic support after school and/or on weekends! This includes SAT/ACT prep - (we train you!)
Why Teach at Sylvan?
- No lesson plans to create, no formal papers to grade.
- Teachers do not meet with parents
- Help motivated students make huge progress, reach their goals and improve their skills, confidence, and motivation
A glimpse of your typical day at Sylvan:
- Greets students and initiates instruction to personally engage with each
- Evaluates and records the progress of each student
Doing what you love: teaching, without all the take-home work or lesson prep
Tutoring your students; a 1:1 or 3:1 ratio
Giving students the academic tools that will help them succeed in school and throughout their lives
Collaborating with full-time staff to develop a plan to meet the needs of each student
All curriculum provided
The center is open during the school year & extended summer hours. We are open for instruction:
Monday-Thursday: 4 pm-8 pm Saturday: 9 am-1 pm Sunday: 10 am-2 pm
Who Can Apply: Teaching experience/certification required Must be punctual and professional
Initial and ongoing training/support is provided to all of our teachers.
We look forward to seeing your application!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.
*If you wish to submit a resume or a brief career statement of your experience, you may upload it here. Resume or statement should be in Microsoft Word or a PDF, if provided.