We are currently seeking Sylvan Teaching Assistants who are capable of maintaining a robust learning experience for students.
• Assist Sylvan teachers to deliver personalized instruction in Reading, Writing, Math, Study Skills, SAT/ACT prep, and Homework Support to students of all levels.
• Prepare the learning environment before instruction begins, interact with and motivate students during instruction, reward students for completed assignments, and communicate student and teacher needs to the center's education manager.
• Assist Center Staff to maintain a balanced and robust instructional session and inspire students by developing a rapport with them, to establish a fun learning environment, to maintain a positive attitude, and to demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and for Sylvan.
• Progress toward completing a four year degree in education/teaching preferred
• Minimum of one year of completed college classes, but new graduates will be considered
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
• Strong team player
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.
*If you wish to submit a resume or a brief career statement of your experience, you may upload it here. Resume or statement should be in Microsoft Word or a PDF, if provided.