The Sylvan Teacher is responsible for creating robust learning experiences for students and evaluates student progress on each assignment.
Making sure learning clicks for each child isn’t always easy, but it’s exactly what we love. If you share our passion for making learning personal and inspiring kids to thrive, we want to hear from you!
As a part-time Sylvan Instructor, you will be trained on the Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in a small group, 3:1 setting.
We offer instruction in Reading, Writing, Math, Study Skills, SAT/ACT Prep and State exams to students of all levels. We also offer our new STEM courses, which consists of Math Edge, Algebra Edge, Robotics, and Coding (Game Design).
As a part-time Instructor you will need to be available 4-20 hours/week in center.
If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team. As a successful Instructor, you will:
• Deliver Quality Education
• Teach using Sylvan based programs
• Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
• Reward students for completed assignments
• Evaluate and document student progress
• Communicate student needs to the center directors
• Inspire Students
• Develop rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment
• Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching.
• Bachelor's degree
• Teaching or tutoring experience required
• State level teaching certification (must be current)
• Teaching Certification not required for STEM Instruction
If you want to be a part of an inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and confidence in children, improving the lives of thousands of families every day - apply today, and don't let this opportunity pass you by!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.
*Don’t have a resume? Not a problem! Please upload a brief career statement of your experience. Resume or statement should be in Microsoft Word or a PDF.