Sylvan is hiring part-time tutors to coach students in the content and strategies for secondary school and college prep admissions tests.
Sylvan Learning is the industry leader in providing supplemental education to children in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. We are seeking smart, dynamic individuals to work with our high school students on preparing for the SAT and ACT. Individuals with experience coaching students in the SSAT, ISEE, HSPT, or college essay are also encouraged to apply.
Math, reading, and writing tutoring of individual students from elementary school through high school is also available.
In this role, you will be delivering our proven curriculum to students at our community learning center in an individual and small-group format. Evening and weekend availability is required.
- Engage and motivate students
- Manage small group teaching environment
- Track and manage individual student performance
- Communicate progress and results to the Center Director
- Ensure students achieve their highest possible test scores
- BA/BS preferred
- Minimum 80th percentile score on the SAT and/or ACT
- Previous teaching or training experience preferred
- Evening and weekend availability required
We provide the training, curriculum, and resources for success.
Apply today! We look forward to meeting you!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.