The Center Director is responsible for managing the overall customer experience, sales and day-to-day operations to achieve performance goals and grow the Center.
This is a dynamic and critical position in the service delivery of supplemental education for Sylvan Learning Centers in Spokane. The preferred candidate will have a vibrant and outgoing personality, strong commitment to excellence in customer service, value for the highest educational standards and above all else, a passion for inspiring children to grow and develop through academic learning.
• Ensure responsive, high quality personal customer service by all center staff.
• Manage day to day operations of the Center
• Monitor Center performance metrics, make recommendations and implement strategies to improve performance when needed.
• Direct the sales and service process throughout the customer life cycle and meet sales and expense targets.
• Recruit, hire, train, develop, motivate and evaluate center teachers.
• Establish and maintain quality productive relationships with school personnel and community partners for collaborative opportunities.
• Team with other area directors to ensure consistent quality service delivery
Education, skills and abilities necessary to excel in this position:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
• Certified teacher or eligible for certification in Washington State
• Minimum of 1-year teaching experience
• Knowledge of current educational policy
• Ability to work independently, be self-directed, apply critical thinking and best judgement in decision making and problem solving.
• Team player
• Experience with office technology and standard business applications such as Word, Excel, copiers, printers and office phones.
• Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
• Possess strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and be flexible.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
• Master’s in Education
• Supervisory experience
• Sales and/or customer service experience
• Familiarity with instructional technology and tablet computers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.
Please upload your resume, and cover letter if applicable, in Microsoft Word or PDF format.