Looking for Math and Reading teachers to assist our students with their academic needs.
Making sure learning clicks for each child isn’t always easy, but it’s exactly what we love. If you share our passion for making learning personal and inspiring kids to thrive, we want to hear from you! As a part-time Sylvan Instructor, you will be trained on the Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in a small group, 3:1 setting. We offer instruction in Reading, Writing, Math, Study Skills, SAT/ACT Prep, and Homework Support. As a part-time Instructor you will need to be available 4-10 hours/week. If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team.
As a successful Instructor, you will:
- Deliver Quality Education
Teach using Sylvan based programs
- Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate student needs to the center directors
- Inspire students
- Develop rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and Sylvan
Teaching or tutoring experience required
State level teaching certification (Teaching Certification not required for Math Instruction) If you want to be a part of an inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and confidence in children, improving the lives of thousands of families everyday - apply today, and don't let this opportunity pass you by!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.