LOCAL MARKETING INTERNSHIP
We are seeking a dynamic, result-oriented Marketing Intern to develop and execute local marketing strategies to generate inquiries. The goal of this position is to increase community awareness of the center by leading community outreach, engagement and event initiatives.
KEY LEARNING AND SKILLS DEVELOPED
Through on-the-job training and learning opportunities, the intern will develop valuable marketing skills for future roles. He/she will be exposed to and learn exciting skills such as:
• Local store marketing: Learn how to take national marketing initiatives and localize them for most effective market penetration.
• Territory analysis: Learn how to use market demographics to target activities and outreach to be most effective in reaching target customers.
• Return on investment: Learn how to measure, track and report on most effective marketing activities.
• Email marketing: Learn how to send targeted emails, email software and reporting features to test effectiveness of email campaigns.
• Execute local grassroots marketing programs and activities that drive inquiries for the center
• Identify opportunities and conduct outreach to area businesses, community organizations and schools to establish lead generating relationships
• Assist in implementing product demonstrations and other onsite strategies at community and school events
• Monitor the competitive environment to inform strategies and tactics
• Working towards a bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or public relations
• Experience in developing and implementing creative local marketing strategies and activities a plus
• Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
• Quick learner with a willingness to support the team and always do what is necessary to achieve objectives
• Strong problem-solving, analytical and creative skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This is a temporary, part-time internship opportunity. The candidate is expected to work 4-10 hours per week. $11.00 per hour. April- August, extension possible.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.
*Don’t have a resume? Not a problem! Please upload a brief career statement of your experience. Resume or statement should be in Microsoft Word or a PDF.