Join our vibrant learning community and help our students build skills and confidence!
Do you enjoy working with kids? Have a passion for teaching? If so, read on!
At Sylvan of San Francisco, you will make a difference in the lives of students by helping them develop the academic skills and confidence they need to meet their educational goals. You will be well supported by our team of Directors, who handle all parent communication, customer service, marketing and scheduling, leaving you free to teach! We offer flexible schedules and participation in a vibrant learning community.COMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary:
$19-22/hour DOE Benefits:
Safe Harbor 401K plan with up to 4% matching available after one year of employment. Commuter benefits are offered to all employees.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Share your love of learning with our students!
- Greet student and initiate instruction to personally engage each student
- Manage students, tasks and time to create a balanced and robust instructional session
- Evaluate and record the progress of each student on their program assignment
- Use praise, encouragement and Sylvan “tokens” to ensure students are engaged and inspired to learn
- Manage the conclusion of each instructional session and completion of learning log and transition activities
- Communicate specific student needs to Center staff
- Attend periodic staff meeting and complete ongoing training as needed
- Four-year college degree
- Proven ability to engage, motivate, and inspire youth
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
- Strong team player
- Prior teaching or tutoring experience preferred
- Teaching credential (current or expired) preferred
We offer tutoring in person M-TH from 3:30 to 7:30 and Sat. from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm. We offer online tutoring seven days per week. We are looking for tutors who are available for some or all of these hours.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the California Fair Chance Act and SF Fair Chance Ordinance. Job offers will be made conditional upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.